Ireland offers a one-of-a-kind environment for food production, characterised by:
• 80% of agricultural land is dedicated to grasslands, with a yearly grass growth rate surpassing the European average by over a third.
• A thriving agri-food sector with a rich history and heritage, serving as Ireland's largest indigenous industry and employing approximately 7.7% of the workforce.
Flynn O'Driscoll is well-versed in this field, providing counsel to a diverse range of businesses on trade in Ireland and globally.
At Flynn O'Driscoll, our team is dedicated to partnering with clients to deliver practical, prompt, and supportive solutions to the legal challenges facing their agribusinesses. We provide guidance to both domestic food and agriculture clients and foreign businesses seeking to enter the Irish market.
Some of the key areas we advise on include:
- Distribution and agency agreements
- Long term supply contracts
- Advice on co-operative law
- Outsourcing agreements
- Trademarks, patents and intellectual property protection
- Financings and banking arrangements
- Property issues
- Arrabawn on the sale of their liquid milk and butter supply business to Aurivo, another Agribusiness
- Donegal Catch on their sale to Green Isle
- Shareholders of Rye River Brewing on Warsteiner Group investment
- Rye River Brewing Company in relation to the sale and leaseback of its headquarters and production facility in Celbridge, Co. Kildare