David is a senior corporate partner at Flynn O’Driscoll and has over twenty years of corporate and commercial legal experience in Ireland and the UK having trained and worked in William Fry in Dublin and Ashurst in London before returning to join Flynn O’Driscoll as Partner.
David advises entrepreneurs, business owners, business families and business managers in respect of all aspects of the life cycle of their day to day business;
• Mergers & Acquisitions and Disposals,
• Restructuring and Re-organisations;
• Business Succession Planning, and
• Any complex business legal issues or challenges faced by businesses.
His Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate and Commercial practice covers all sectors and also stretches cross border between Ireland and the UK and vice versa.
David joined Flynn O'Driscoll as a Partner from leading international law firm Ashurst with the aim of helping to build a value adding business with an ethos of "your business is our business".
He operates between Flynn O’Driscoll’s Dublin and Galway offices and has helped lead the expansion of the Firms team in the West of Ireland as well as servicing clients at a national level.
David and his teams in Dublin and Galway provide embedded day-to-day advice as a partner to many businesses and take responsibility for delivering solutions and getting the deal over the line.
David has also been involved in domestic, international and multi-jurisdictional acquisitions, start-ups, fund raising, investments and disposals in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Austria, Canada and the US and has advised domestic and international companies across the full life-cycle of their businesses.
David spent over a year working in-house with the restructuring and leveraged finance arms of Lloyds Banking Group and has advised on portfolio disposals, creditor-led restructurings, refinancing, exits and debt for equity swaps. On the restructuring and insolvency side he has also advised UK and Irish companies, individual directors, management teams, bondholders, insolvency practitioners and private equity houses.
In addition to his experience at Lloyds Banking Group David has also worked in business in Smurfit Kappa Group and General Electric.
- Sale of The City Bin Company to Thorntons Waste
- Acquisition by Waterland private equity of Writech
- Acquisition by Writech of Compco Fire Sytems (UK) and CE Sprinkler (Sweden)
- Sale of Accuscience by Pharmed to FTSE 250-listed Diploma PLC
- Sale of Bethany Nursing Home to Beechfield Care Group
- Series B funding round for Talam Biotech
- Series A funding round for Ex-Ordo
- Sale of Unity Technology Solutions to Ekco
- Bachelor of Corporate Law LLB, University of Galway (formerly NUIG)
David is a member of the Law society of Ireland is also admitted to practice in England and Wales.