Alan is one of the founding partners in the firm and is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Department. Alan has over 16 years of transactional experience in acting on corporate mergers and acquisitions and venture capital transactions. He has expertise across a number of sectors including, most particularly, in relation to venture capital and mergers and acquisitions transactions in the technology, healthcare, and food sectors.
Alan advises companies, private equity funds, angel investment groups and entrepreneurs on a variety of commercial and corporate transactions. Alan has been involved in start-ups, fund raising, acquisitions, disposals and IPOs in Ireland and the UK. Alan provides advice in relation to all shareholder matters including shareholder disputes and is regularly asked to speak at seminars and other forums in relation to this topic. Alan also leads the Startup@FOD team and provides start-up and early-stage companies with advice in relation to business structure and formation, financing, corporate governance, investment, intellectual property protection and shareholder matters. Before joining the firm, Alan spent a number of years working for the international accounting firm KPMG in their Corporate Legal Advisory Services Department and later in the Legal Department of Coca-Cola’s Irish concentrate division.
- Advised Chill Insurance on its acquisition of Quote Devil
- Advised the shareholders of Ward Solutions on the sale of the company to Ekco group
- Advised the shareholders of Longboat Clinical on the sale of the company to Advarra, Inc.
- Advised The University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners, Japan’s largest tech fund, on its investment in Entrasense
- Advised the shareholders of Control and Information Management (CIM) Limited on the sale of the company to Automation Tooling Systems Enterprises GmbH
- Advised the shareholders of Chill Insurance on the investment from private equity fund Livingbridge
- Advised the shareholders on the sale of Cartell to INM Group
- Advised MML private equity fund on the acquisition of Sheridan Insurances
- Advised the shareholders of Intellicom on the sale of the company to Welltel
- Advised betting group Betbright on its sale to 888
- B. Corp Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, 1999
- LLB Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2006
- Diploma in Employment Law, The Law Society of Ireland, 2009
- Law Society of Ireland
- The Institute of Directors, Ireland