Our cross departmental team advise on all aspects of health and safety law including both statutory and common law obligations. The team is composed of members from our Commercial Property, Employment and Litigation and Dispute Resolution teams thus offering a broad range of expertise and experience.
We have experience of advising clients on a wide range of health and safety issues including in defence of criminal prosecutions. This experience spans a number of sectors including construction, manufacturing, waste disposal, energy, healthcare, transport and security. Our clients span both the private and public sectors.
We advise both employers on their duties and obligations and have represented clients in prosecutions and enforcement actions, assisting and advising on risk assessments and safety statements.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Employer and employee obligations
- Incidents and accidents, including in respect of civil and criminal liability
- Representing parties in claims for bullying, stress and harassment
- Advising and acting in defence of civil liability claims
- Undertaking due diligence exercises for both purchasers and vendors in corporate acquisitions
- Bespoke training sessions at board, senior management and general employee level in particular in relation to Bullying and Harassment