Caoimhe is a Partner and Head of the firm's Employment Team. Caoimhe has over 15 years experience providing commercial and strategic legal advice on all aspects of both contentious and non-contentious employment law in Ireland and the UK. Caoimhe has experience across a number of areas including technology, healthcare, food, insurance and the public sector.
Caoimhe supports her client's on all aspects of the employment relationship to include recruitment, grievance and disciplinary matters, absence management, disability, equality and protected leaves, performance management, temporary and contingent workers, protected disclosures, working time, redundancy to include collective redundancy processes and managing exits. She also assists clients with drafting and reviewing policies, procedures, handbooks and employment contracts and provides tailored in-house training to clients on areas such as protected disclosures, bullying and harassment and grievance and disciplinary procedures.
Caoimhe also works with our Corporate Teams to provide due diligence and strategic advices in corporate and commercial transactions.
On the contentious side, Caoimhe has defended and prosecuted a wide range of actions before the Workplace Relations Commission, Labour Court and Superior Courts to include employment injunctions, equality claims, unfair dismissals claims and industrial relations claims. She regularly advocates at hearings without the use of counsel. She is recognised for her expertise in the area of complex employment related personal injury proceedings (primarily bullying and harassment and stress).
Caoimhe provides corporate immigration advices to employers and employees in particular companies planning on establishing bases in Ireland or relocating employees here. She assists with obtaining Trusted Partner status, work permits, visas and stamps. She also provides advices in relation to compliance inspections by the Workplace Relations Commission.
- Acting as Irish advisors to Elysian Capital through Stephenson Harwood on the acquisition of Fastway Couriers.
- Representing Development Capital Fund II in its EUR12 million investment in Spotlight Oral Care.
- Successful appeal of decision of the Department of Social Welfare that an independent contractor was an employee.
- Providing extensive support to our clients during the Covid-19 pandemic, giving practical and timely advice on the constantly changing regulations, protocols and public health advice.
- Working with a number of clients to update their policies and procedures to reflect the changes contained in the new Code of Practice for Employers and Employees on the Prevention and Resolution of Bullying at Work 2021.
- Representing Naturgy Aprovisionamientos S.A. in the sale of certain group companies registered in Ireland, Northern Ireland and England and Wales.
- Bachelor of Corporate Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2001
- LLB National University of Ireland, Galway, 2002
- LLM University of Edinburgh, 2003
- Legal Practice Course (LPC) Nottingham Law School, 2005
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2007
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland, 2007
- Diploma in Employment Law, University College Dublin, 2008
- Certificate in Pensions Law and Practice, Law Society of Ireland, 2014
Caoimhe is a committee member of the C.I.P.D. (West) branch and has also contributed to the IELJ, IRN and Legal Island. She has lectured on the Law Society Diploma in Employment Law and tutored employment law on the Law Society professional practice course.
Caoimhe is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and the Law Society of England and Wales.