Billy is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Disputes Resolution team. Billy has over 13 years experience in various forms of litigation practice.
Billy advises national insurers and large national and international companies in commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He has extensive experience acting in the areas of aviation, medical, commercial and employment law.
Billy together with other members of the litigation team has advised Aviation, National Insurers, Agri-Sector, Medical Health providers and Construction clients in all areas of dispute resolution.
Billy acts in defence of medical negligence law suits, regulatory investigations, and employers liability. Billy also provides advice across a range of construction law disputes.
Before joining FOD, Billy lived in Sydney Australia for a number of years where he worked for a top tier law firm in Commercial Litigation before returning to Dublin where he worked with Maurice O'Callaghan in his defence litigation practice.
- Complex High Court mediation involving a myriad of employment, shareholder, company law and regulatory issues
- Acting as independent nominated party reviewing employment law complaint and conducting investigation using internal grievance policy
- Engaging in alternative dispute resolution process on behalf of international airline and involving pilot union
- Acting in complex aviation disputes with both commercial and reputational implications for the airline but also the aviation industry at large if not defended successfully
- Acting for National Agri Food client involving investigation support and advice through the regulatory prosecution process
- Acting for companies listed in the CIF Top 40 Main Contractors of Ireland 2020 in adjudication process under the Construction Contract Acts 201
- Roll of Solicitors, 2009, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, 2010, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, 2014, Law Society of New South Wales
- BCL, 2004, University College Cork
- Law Society of Ireland