Flynn O’ Driscoll is familiar with the commercial pressures that companies in this sector face and the stringent regulatory environment in which they operate. Our grasp of this complex area allows us to assist our clients to make better business decisions. Legal matters in the waste sector require consideration of economic, environmental, and market-related issues. We advise on all legal issues relevant to collection service, recovery, and disposal operators active in the waste management and recycling industry.
We help clients navigate the complex legal framework around environmental and planning regulations. We support them to achieve their goals in a sustainable and responsible manner. Our cross departmental team provide advice and guidance to clients at every stage of the planning and environment regulatory process.
Some of the key areas we advise on include:
- Regulatory advice
- Planning applications and appeals
- Licence and permit applications
- Commercial recycling agreements
- Contractual issues
Our Environment & Planning experience includes:
- Sale of the renewable energy business of Ervia (previously known as Bord Gáis) to Brookfield Renewable (including 17 wind farms) for approximately €700 million
- Advising an Irish SPV in relation to equity investment in a large-scale wind farm in the Kalahari Desert, Ghana
- Advising investors in connection with the tidal lagoon project in Swansea, South Wales
- Assisting a blue chip UK company on its acquisition of the UK’s leading specialist integrator and distributor of solar, thermal, photovoltaic power, heat pumps and under floor heating
- Acting for Developers in Site Acquisition, development and financing of large development site together with the Unit Sales
- Sale of numerous hotels and recreational facilities throughout Ireland