With the demand for labour and skilled international talent, our Employment and Immigration team have expert knowledge to assist domestic and international businesses with their immigration needs. This is a complex area in which our team strives to give practical advice and solutions.
Our team has experience in assisting clients with both short and long-term immigration options including:
- Visa Applications
- Business Visa Applications
- Employment Permits
- Inter-company Transfers / Secondments
- Naturalisation Applications
We have also advised clients in relation to the rights of spouses and partners of Critical Skills Employment Permit holders to access employment permissions in Ireland.
Our Employment and Immigration team has, in conjunction with our Corporate colleagues, provided tailored advice in relation to the Immigrant Investor Programme and the Start-up Entrepreneur Programme which facilitate non-EEA investors in availing of the opportunities of investing and locating business interests in Ireland, which if successful, can also allow certain investors to qualify for residency rights in Ireland.
We help clients with immigration issues across all sectors and have a particular expertise in certain markets including aviation, shipping, engineering, and start-ups.
- Meat Processing Facility in relation to joint GNIB and WRC workplace investigation.
- Aviation Recruitment and Aircraft Support Services Firm on the various employment queries and claims in Ireland and in other jurisdictions involving pilots and crew members. The client is a leading company recruiting pilots and crew members which are then placed with airlines all over the world.
- The firm represented and assisted an industry leader in the Engineering field throughout the process to obtain their Trusted Partner Status and various employment permits in Ireland. The Trusted Partner Status is only granted to certain companies that meet strict conditions. This case is particularly significant/complex because the renewal of the trusted partner status and the applications for employment permits occurred in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic when the Department of Foreign Affairs restricted the conditions to enter Ireland. Our client could not find suitable candidates in Ireland and had an urgent need to recruit employees abroad. We guided them through new government guidelines and carefully prepared the applications to ensure all conditions were met. Given the urgency for our client to recruit new employees, we managed to obtain the employment permits very rapidly.
- Leading Global Technology Company of which a Senior and key employee was refused a Stamp 4 support letter by the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment. We assisted the company through the appeals process to include the drafting of letters of support and appeal. The appeal was ultimately granted, and the employee continued in her employment without issue.
- Aviation Recruitment and Aircraft Support Services Firm on the successful application for an Employment Agency Licence in Ireland. The client has recently decided to commence operating as an agency to include the provision of engineers, pilots and other agency personnel in multiple jurisdictions. We worked with the client to prepare appropriate Terms of Business between the client and their customers together with the Agency Worker Contracts and Assignment Agreements. This was a particularly complex matter due to the jurisdiction, regulatory, insurance, CPD and health and safety considerations.
- Leading Robotics Firm in relation to the successful completion of an application for naturalisation for a senior executive business owner.