Claire is a Partner in the firms Aviation and Asset Finance Team, as well as it's Employment Team. Claire has worked in the firm for over 13 years and has significant experience within the aviation industry including all aspects of aircraft leasing and financing, acting for lessors, lessees, banks and other financial institutions including export credit agencies. On the employment side, Claire handles both contentious and non-contentious employment matters for employers.
Claire advises companies across the aviation industry in relation to the purchase, finance and leasing of aircraft and engines. She advises on multi-jurisdictional transactions with an Irish element, in particular in relation to the establishment of Irish leasing platforms with a focus on Irish registered security and the Cape Town Convention.
Claire is also a member of the Employment team, and completed the Law Society Diploma in Employment Law in 2015. She advises companies and employer's on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
Before joining the firm as a trainee in 2010, Claire worked in the legal department of Coca-Cola's Irish concentrate business. During 2018 Claire undertook a secondment with ORIX Aviation in Dublin to gain a deeper understanding of the priorities for lessors in the aircraft leasing industry.
• Advising Aergo Capital on its acquisition of Seraph Aviation Management Limited
• Preparation and negotiation of a management agreement for a new Gulf Stream G650
• Advising Atlantic Aviation Group on its acquisition of Lufthansa Technik Shannon
• Acting for a regional lessor and its financiers on a new revolving warehouse finance facility of US$400 million
• Assisting an airline client in relation to the negotiation of a severance package for a post holder
• Advised Air Astana in relation to the re-registration of a proportion of their fleet inIreland with the Irish Aviation Authority
• Advising on the establishment of an Irish corporate structure for an aircraft spare parts business along with contracts for key hires
• Advising an MRO client in relation to a mediated settlement of an employment dispute
• Negotiation of Lease Extensions for 2 x Boeing 737-800s for a Lessor
• Acting as joint Irish counsel to ECA Lenders with Norton Rose Paris as lead international counsel and an international airline borrower
- Bachelor of Civil Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2007
- MSC Medical Law and Ethics, Kings College, London, 2009
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland, 2014
- Admitted to practice in England & Wales, 2015
- Diploma in Employment Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2015
- Law Society of Ireland
- Advisory Board Member, Irish International Business Network