Kate joined Flynn O'Driscoll in May 2021 having been admitted to the roll of solicitors in April 2021. Prior to joining the firm she trained with Ronan Daly Jermyn in Cork and worked for two years as a legal assistant for another mid-size law firm in Limerick.
Kate has experience advising Irish and international clients on both contentious and advisory employment matters including claims to the Workplace Relations Commission and Labour Court, employment related personal injury proceedings, assisting on corporate transaction and M&A employment advices including due diligence and negotiation of contracts and employment relationship, and strategic HR and employee management issues such as grievance and disciplinary matters, bullying and harassment, redundancies and absence management.
She also assists with drafting policies, handbooks and employment contracts for a spectrum of commercial clients and carrying out management and employee training on various new policies, obligations and rights in Irish employment law such as Bullying and Harassment and Remote Working. Kate also advises on employment immigration matters including work permits and visa applications.
- Assisted on advices in respect of a successful appeal of a decision of a Deciding Officer in the SCOPE section of the Department of Social Welfare that an independent contractor to the Company had been in insurable employment for a number of years.
- Advised on employment aspects, due diligence and negotiations as advisors to Elysian Capital through Stephenson Harwood on the acquisition of Fastway Couriers.
- Assisted on advices in respect of a successful appeal of a refusal of a stamp 4 support letter by the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment
- Advices and training for a number of clients in respect of updates to policies and procedures to reflect the changes contained in the new Code of Practice for Employment and Employees on the Prevention of Bullying at Work 2021.
- Advised on significant contract negotiations on behalf of our client company in bringing on a new global Chief Executive Officer.
- Advised on employment aspects, due diligence and negotiations as advises to Pharmed on the acquisition of AccuScience LImited and Medilink Services (NI) by Diploma PLC.
- Graduated in 2015 with Bachelor of Civil Law Degree from University College Dublin.
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2021 in Ireland.
- Completed the Law Society of Ireland Diploma in Employment Law in 2022, awaiting certification.
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland.