Elaine is a solicitor with three years post-qualification experience on Gavin Lawlor’s team, having joined Flynn O’Driscoll following training in Arthur Cox. She has a strong background in M&A, private equity and venture capital investments and has experience working with clients from a wide range of industry backgrounds, including technology, life sciences and renewable energy.
Elaine Guckian has a strong interest in technology with a previous background that includes work in both a Paris-based tech startup and a multinational technology company, she brings a diverse perspective to her legal practice. Elaine's expertise extends to various legal domains, making her a versatile professional who can provide valuable insights and support to her clients. She has completed a certificate in technology law from the law society in 2021 and graduated from law Trinity College Dublin in 2016.
- Assisted in the sale of an Irish aviation technology firm to an international aviation software company.
- Advised in the sale of an Irish family-owned road construction business.
- Advised a large Irish company in on a number of strategic acquisitions of Irish cleaning and waste management businesses.
- Assisted a leading Irish venture capital fund in several investments in mid-stage Irish start-ups in the technology sector ranging from €1-5 million in value.
- Advised an Irish SME in the course of a €7.5 million investment by a UK venture capital fund.
- Assisted in the purchase by a large Irish energy company of a solar energy business in Ireland.
- Provided advice in relation to the purchase of an energy use tracking company.
- Supported a number of Irish start-ups in pursuing investments via crowdfunding platforms.
- Advised a diverse range Irish start-ups in respect of HPSU, CSF and PSSF investments from Enterprise Ireland.
- Law Society of Ireland – Solicitor
- Law Society of Ireland – Certificate in Technology Law
- Mediator Academy – Foundation Level Certificate in Commercial Mediation
- Alliance Francaise – Certificate in Legal French
- Trinity College Dublin - Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Women Lawyers Association