Danny is an associate solicitor on the firm’s Banking and Financial Services team.
Danny acts for a variety of domestic and international corporates, mid-caps, SMEs, high-net-worth individuals, lending institutions, state bodies, and fintech active in the Irish market in a range of secured banking transactions and has extensive experience with acquisition finance. Danny has a special focus on real estate finance - both investment and construction and acts on a broad range of construction projects including social housing developments, mixed-use developments, primary healthcare centres, schools, and office developments, and has acted on a number of commercial/ PRS residential real estate investment transactions.
In relation to acquisition finance, Danny has worked with various borrowers and lending institutions on cross border and domestic M & A transactions. His real estate finance experience includes him working on multiple commercial real estate investment transactions acting on behalf of borrowers and lenders. Danny has also worked on behalf of a wide range of borrowers, international financial institutions, domestic banks and direct funders active in the Irish market on commercial and residential projects in relation to construction/development finance.
- Advised a leading healthcare group operating in residential disability services, on a group refinance of facilities with a pillar bank.
- Advised a global mechanical solutions provider in relation to the refinancing and amendments to facilities with a pillar bank.
- Advised an international early education and care provider in respect of funding provided by the leading direct funder in the acquisition finance space in the country.
- Advised a pillar bank on a series of fundings to an international institutional PRS investor on multiple PRS acquisitions of residential developments.
- Extensive involvement in the social and affordable funding space acting for AHBs, pillar banks, government agencies and direct funders on multiple projects involving social and affordable residential developments.
- Acting for a pillar bank on an acquisition finance transaction involving a prominent private equity firm in the acquisition of a lending supplier in clinical diagnostics.
- Advice to leading North American Bank in respect of the Irish Law matters relating to a Canadian law acquisition financing transactions with further bolt-on financing for supplemental acquisitions and updates to reflect a corporate restructuring.
- Acting for a pillar bank on the acquisition of a regional retail shopping centre.
- Acting for a pillar bank in respect of a series of fundings to a limited partnership (sitting below an ICAV) on several primary care centre projects.
- Continued advice to a pillar bank on its refinancing of a leading company in the sustainability sector with additional funds being made available to fund new capex spend.
- LL.B (Hons) Irish Law
- MA in Dispute Resolution
- Professional qualification as a solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2018
- Diploma Construction Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- Member of Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
- Belvedere College S.J. Alumni