Stephanie is a multi-jurisdictional lawyer with over 10 years of legal experience backed by an H.LLB from a lead university in Brazil. She has acted for a broad spectrum of international and national clients such as bankers, financiers, lessors and airlines in transactions involving the finance and leasing of aircraft and other vehicles such as vessels, helicopters and hybrid air vehicles, as well as engines and aircraft equipment.
Stephanie is an Associate in the Aviation Team in Flynn O'Driscoll which has been awarded as the Aviation Team of 2021 by the Irish Law Awards. Stephanie has previously acted abroad as an in-house lawyer and for independent law firms.
Stephanie started at Flynn O'Driscoll as a legal executive in 2019 generally assisting the aviation team with company secretarial and transaction matters. She has been appointed as a Registered EU Lawyer (which was update to solicitor when she was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of Ireland in October 2022) and most recently as an Associate in the Aviation and Asset Finance Team.
In her current role, she is specialising in cross-border aircraft and asset financing and leasing including drafting and negotiating leasing, finance and security documentation as well as providing advice in relation to aircraft registration and the practical application of the Cape Town Convention. In addition, she has advised clients with day-to-day queries, including company law, regulatory and employment matters.
Stephanie started her legal career in Brazil at 19 when she undertook an internship in an employment and litigation law firm. Stephanie has since worked as legal personnel in a variety of legal areas such as civil litigation, company law, contracts, international property and criminal law. Her most relevant experiences in Brazil had been acting as a legal executive at Sanofi, a multinational pharmaceutical company and as an in-house lawyer at Mexichem, a multinational chemical company. She moved to Ireland and obtained a proficiency certificate in English. Stephanie has since pursued legal practice in Ireland as a registered foreign lawyer and becoming a solicitor in 2022. She has also obtained an Advance Diploma in Legal Studies and a Diploma in Aviation Leasing and Finance.
- Advising Air Nostrum with the reservation agreement of 10 pioneering hybrid aircraft from Hybrid Air Vehicles (HAV), a UK-based leader in sustainable aircraft technologies
- Advising as Irish counsel in a aircraft finance, sale and lease back transaction of new Dash-8- 400 aircraft with an African Airline worth US$ 40,000,000
- Advising as Irish counsel in various post COVID re-marketing transactions
- Advising as Irish counsel in a warehouse facility and refinancing transaction in the amount of US$ 510,000,000
- Advising as joint Irish counsel a Japanese lessor and financiers with an aircraft refinancing transaction worth circa US$ 32,000,000
- Certificate in Negotiation Skills, Professor Joseph D. Harbaugh member of NSU, 2014
- LLB Law, Mackenzie Presbyterian University, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2016
- Advanced Diploma in Legal Studies, Dublin Business School, Dublin, Ireland, 2020
- Diploma in Aviation Leasing and Finance, Law Society of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland, 2022
- Stephanie is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and is also admitted to practice in Brazil and Portugal.