Kieran is a partner and Head of the firm’s Media & Entertainment Department. Kieran has specialised in civil commercial litigation for over 30 years.
In 2000, having been litigation partner of a large Dublin firm, Kieran set up a niche practice specialising in business litigation with an emphasis on media law, the first specialised media law practice in Ireland.
After 19 years in business, the practice merged with Flynn O’Driscoll and continues to be the leading media law office in Ireland.
Kieran represents the largest and highest selling media businesses in the country, covering all area of work for the industry. This includes handling pre-publication work and providing advice for print, online and broadcast media. Reviewing and advising on contracts, intellectual property rights, regulatory and industry compliance. We have represented clients in litigation involving media law issues, at all levels of the Court system including many of the leading cases of defamation, privacy and statutory regulation.
He also acts in general commercial disputes including contractual, trademark, copyright, and patent cases.
Kieran also possesses an extensive commercial litigation portfolio in areas of shareholder issues, corporate disputes, in High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
Kieran Kelly is highly experienced in mediation having practiced for many years. In 2022 he undertook a year long programme in the UCD Sutherland School of Law and obtained the Professional Diploma in Dispute Resolution (Mediation).
- High Court Commercial division and Court of Appeal case on applicability of lease covenants under Covid 19 restrictions.
- Resolution of High Court proceedings claiming and counterclaiming on issues arising in company investment contracts
- Dismissal of High Court defamation claim on grounds of defence of privilege.
- University College Dublin - BCL
- Law Society of Ireland - Admitted to the role of Solicitors
- Law Society - England and Wales
- UCD Sutherland School of Law - Professional Diploma in Dispute Resolution (Mediation) 2022
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association