Orla is an experienced solicitor and leader with over twenty five years of multi-jurisdictional experience in top-tier law firms in Ireland, Australia and New Zealand coupled with deep commercial knowledge gained from her time spent in-house in the aviation, insurance, technology and pharmaceutical industries.
Orla has significant defence litigation experience. In addition, she has broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, debt restructurings, employment, company and contractual matters. She was Head of Legal & Ethics, Risk and Compliance in Ireland for a major pharmaceutical company.
Orla has a thorough understanding of regulated industries, corporate governance and ethics. She was Corporate Secretary for a US PLC for four years and has also acted as a non-executive director for small private companies.
She is a part-time tutor for PPC trainees at the Law Society of Ireland.
- Successful appeal to the Tax Appeals Commission in relation to a vat recovery matter which was upheld on appeal to the High Court (2022)
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Dublin 1995
- Admitted as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland 1998
- Accredited Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution 2018
- Advanced Certificate in Management Practice, Ulster University 2019
- Diploma in Judicial Skills & Decision-Making, Law Society of Ireland 2023
- Law Society of Ireland