Gemma is an Associate on the Commercial Property team with experience in all aspects of the area including the sale, acquisition and leasing of residential, commercial and retail properties.
Experienced in advising on the sale and acquisition of residential, commercial and retail properties together with advising financial institutions and their appointed receivers on the disposal of distressed assets. Act for and advise liquidators on the sale of commercial units. Draft and negotiate leases and licences for commercial entities advising both landlords and tenants of their respective rights and obligations. Assist corporate teams within the firm with the property elements of mergers and acquisitions.
- Completed the acquisition of a green field site in North Dublin for development purposes.
- Advised liquidator on the disposal of commercial units as part of a liquidation.
- Concluded the purchase of a commercial unit located in a business park following which negotiated lease of the premises.
- Engaged with lender, clients and the vendor’s solicitor to facilitate the drawdown of funds to enable timely completion.
- Negotiated and concluded licence agreement in respect of a hanger facility at an Irish airport.
- Carried out due diligence on the property elements for a corporate transaction and engaged with the client’s lender to enable the transaction to progress.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.)
- LLM in Commercial Law
- Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring
- Diploma in Commercial Property
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitor's Bar Association