Cian is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial department. Cian has over 10 years of experience acting on corporate mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, and commercial and regulatory matters. He has expertise across a number of sectors.
Cian advises clients (including private clients, angel investors, start-ups and more established companies) on a wide range of corporate and commercial law matters including on business formation, corporate restructuring, financing, investments, acquisitions, disposals and commercial agreements. Cian also provides advice in relation to all shareholder matters including shareholder disputes.
He has experience in advising clients in mediations as an alternative dispute resolution process. Cian has also advised investors on setting up a number of the angel investment syndicates in Ireland.
Cian’s practice also focuses on advising clients on regulatory matters. He regularly advises clients on the authorisation regime applied by the Central Bank of Ireland when authorising financial service providers (including retail credit firms and insurance intermediaries) and in respect of their ongoing obligations and responsibilities once authorised.
- Acting as lead counsel to Affidea Diagnostics B.V. in connection with its purchases of Orthoderm Limited and Cromlyn House Surgical Limited (being two private healthcare clinics).
- Representing NFP Ireland in connection with its acquisitions of the following Central Bank of Ireland authorised insurance intermediaries: Aiken Insurances Limited, Simon Shirley Advisors Limited and Margin Investments Limited.
- Forming part of the team representing the shareholders of the MyVet Group in connection with the sale of the MyVet Group to Linnaeus Veterinary Ireland Limited.
- Forming part of the team representing the shareholders of the Village Vets Group in connection with the proposed sale of the Village Vets Group to Linnaeus Veterinary Ireland Limited and of the Tazbell / Parkrite Group to Q-Park Ireland.
- BBLS, University College Dublin, 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2012
- Law Society of Ireland